Cornmeal Crusted Lamb Loin
Yield 4 SERVINGS
- 2 boneless lamb loins
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons duck fat
- Sweet potato puree, for serving (optional)
Recipe notesMake this quick and easy lamb recipe for dinner. Coat lamb loin in cornmeal and fresh herbs for a flavorful crunch, then pan sear and finish in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season the lamb loins with salt and pepper. In a food processor, pulse together the cornmeal and herbs until the rosemary and thyme are very finely chopped. Dredge seasoned lamb in the cornmeal mixture, pressing it into the meat on all sides. Set aside.
- Heat duck fat in a heavy skillet over medium-high flame. Sear the lamb loins on all sides - you should have a nice, golden brown crust. Finish cooking in the oven until lamb reaches desired temperature, about 5-8 minutes. We recommend medium-rare or 135 degrees F on an instant read thermometer. Remove the lamb from the oven and rest on a cutting board for at least 5 minutes. Slice loins and serve with sweet potato puree and your favorite seasonal vegetables.