This item is currently not available
- Indigenous Plains Breed Bison
- 100% pasture-raised with access to grain and hay when grass is scarce
- No hormones or antibiotics administered
- Full traceability and source verified only from our cooperative of independent ranchers
- Bison has as much protein, vitamins and minerals as beef, but with less fat
- Rich in B-complex vitamins, with a healthy ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA & Canada
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
For basic cooking instructions, Download our Bison Cooking Guide.
We like to brush a strip steak lightly with oil and cook over the cooler part of the grill. Black pepper, garlic, onions and potatoes make great accents for this succulent steak, which is perfectly satisfying when prepared simply.
These indigenous animals, often incorrectly called buffalo, are raised on vast pastures in Canada and the U.S. to our exacting specifications. The Plains Breed Bison graze on prairie grasses as they have done for many centuries, with minimal human interaction. Their grass-based diet is supplemented with grain and hay.
A state-of-the-art integrated system of corrals, funneled walkways, and chutes are designed to provide safe and humane movement of bison on and off the ranches. The bison are brought to market at 22-26 months of age.