Naturally lean and nutrient-dense bison is the original good-for-you red meat, with as much protein per ounce as beef but far less fat and cholesterol. This meat is exquisitely tender, juicy and lean, with a deeper flavor than beef, and its slightly sweet flavor profile has lean, grassy notes. Bison striploin can be roasted whole, reverse seared, or cut into steaks for grilling. Since bison lacks the marbling of beef, take care not to cook past medium done.
- Indigenous Plains Breed Bison
- 100% pasture-raised with access to grain and hay when grass is scarce
- No hormones or antibiotics administered
- Full traceability and source verified only from our cooperative of independent ranchers
- Bison has as much protein, vitamins and minerals as beef, but with less fat
- Rich in B-complex vitamins, with a healthy ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA & Canada
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
For basic cooking instructions, Download our Bison Cooking Guide.
We like to brush a strip steak lightly with oil and cook over the cooler part of the grill. Black pepper, garlic, onions and potatoes make great accents for this succulent steak, which is perfectly satisfying when prepared simply.