Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese
Cook Time about 30 minutes
Yield makes 24 SERVINGS
- 24 whole salted Marcona almonds
- 24 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup fresh soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 8 slices Hickory Smoked Bacon, cut into thirds lengthwise
Recipe notesIf you love a snack that's both salty and sweet, try this easy recipe for bacon-wrapped dates. They come together quickly and make a great weekend snack or party food.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a sharp paring knife cut a slit in each date lengthwise and open slightly. Place an almond and about ½ teaspoon of goat cheese in the center of each date then gently squeeze closed.
- Wrap each date in a third of a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place dates seam side down on a rack set over a rimmed sheet pan and bake until bacon is crispy, about 20-25 minutes. Serve warm.