Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Cook Time about an hour
Yield Serves 4 SERVINGS
- ¼ cup pecans
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cup finely shredded Brussels sprouts, stems and cores removed
- Coarse salt & freshly grated black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 4 Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 8 strips Applewood Smoked Bacon
Recipe notesTry this easy recipe for stuffed chicken breasts with Brussels sprouts, pecans, cheese, and bacon. Turns out boneless, skinless chicken breast doesn't have to be boring.
- In a dry skillet set over medium-high flame, toast the pecans until warm and fragrant. Remove from heat and finely chop. Set aside.
- In the same pan over medium flame, heat about 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add Brussels sprouts, season lightly with salt; season with pepper. Stir in lemon juice then sauté until Brussels sprouts are soft, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. Once cooled, stir in reserved pecans, and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butterfly each chicken breast by slicing horizontally about ¾ of the way through, then opening up each breast like a book. Place plastic wrap over each butterflied breast and pound to about 1/2” thickness. Spoon ¼ of the stuffing onto each breast then spread in an even layer. Starting at the edge closest to you, roll each breast into a tight roulade. Wrap each roulade with 2 pieces of bacon, overlapping the edges slightly. Place roulades seam side down on a wire rack set over a rimmed sheet pan and bake until chicken is cooked through and bacon is brown and slightly crisped, about 35-45 minutes.
- Allow roulades to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.