Grilled Lamb Chops with Cucumber Salad
Yield 6 SERVINGS
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Frenched and Cap-Off Rack of Lamb, cut into individual chops
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves picked
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons organic soy sauce
- 1/2 tomato, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 sweet green banana pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 6 mint leaves, julienned
Recipe notesMake Chef Eric Ripert's recipe for grilled lamb chops served with a bright vinaigrette of lime, soy, ginger and mint, and a cucumber salad.
- Overlap cucumber rounds in the shape of a circle in the center of each plate. Cover each plate with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place the lamb chops on a large platter and cover with 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, chopped garlic, rosemary and thyme. Marinate the lamb while the grill is heating.
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan over high heat. Season the chops with salt and pepper and place on the grill. Cook until seared on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn over and cook to medium rare or a bit under, about 3 more minutes. The meat will continue to cook with the residual heat while resting.
- Make salad: Whisk together the lime juice, soy sauce and any jus that has collected on the lamb platter in a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the tomato, shallot, ginger, sweet pepper, jalapeño and mint and stir to combine.
- Carve the lamb off the bones and thinly slice. Add the lamb to the salad mixture. Toss to combine all the flavors. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, season the cucumber slices with salt and pepper. Place equal portions of the lamb salad in the center of each cucumber crown. Serve immediately.