Cobb Salad Turkey Burger
D'Artagnan | Yield: serves 4
This turkey burger recipe has all the flavors of a Cobb salad with smoky bacon, avocado, blue cheese, and tangy mayonnaise on toasted country bread.
- 8 slices Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 4 thick slices country bread
- Olive oil
- Coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 24 ounces Ground Turkey
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 3 ounces crème fraîche
- 8 slices tomato
- 12 bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 small avocados (or 1 large avocado), sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place bacon on a rack set over a rimmed sheet pan and bake until crisp, about 20-25 minutes. Set aside.
- Lightly brush each slice of bread with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Place on a sheet pan and bake until lightly crisp, about 10 minutes, turning once. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together Roquefort and crème fraîche. Set aside.
- With wet hands, form four 6 ounce turkey patties. Season both sides of each patty with salt and pepper. Cook your patties using a hot oiled grill or pre-heated, lightly-greased cast iron pan until just cooked through. Internal temperature should read 165 degrees F on an instant read thermometer. Rest the patties on a cutting board for at least 5 minutes.
- While the burgers are cooking, whisk together mayonnaise, garlic, chives, Dijon, and red wine vinegar in a small bowl. Taste for seasoning, add salt and pepper, if needed. Spread mayonnaise mixture over the toasted bread. Top each slice with 3 lettuce leaves and 2 slices of tomato. Season tomato with salt and pepper.
- Top with turkey burger. Spoon on Roquefort mixture and add sliced avocado. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.