Oven-Roasted Veggie Fries
D'Artagnan | Cook Time: 25 Minutes
These gorgeous roasted vegetable "fries" get extra flavor and color from a swath of luscious duck fat right before baking. Delicious as a side dish or chilly day snack.
- Assorted root veggies, such as parsnips, turnips, carrots, and beets; scrubbed, peeled and cut into ¼ inch sticks
- Duck Fat, softened
- Coarse salt
- Finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss veggie sticks with a few generous drizzles of with a drizzle of duck fat. Make sure each stick is evenly shiny with fat. Season with salt.
- Spread evenly, in a single layer, on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, flipping halfway through baking time. Fries should take about 15-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, taste for seasoning and season with salt if needed. Sprinkle with parsley (is using), and serve immediately.