Angus Beef Oxtail
Frozen / 12 Pieces (1.25-1.5 lb avg each)
Oxtail from natural Angus beef. The cattle are pasture-raised on a 100% vegetarian diet in humane conditions, without any antibiotics or hormones.
Just the facts
- 100% natural beef from Angus cattle
- No growth hormones, steroids or antibiotics
- Raised on pasture
- 100% vegetarian diet of barley, corn and hay
- Equivalent to Choice-Plus graded beef
- Wet aged a minimum of 21 days
- 3 vacuum-sealed packs of 4 pieces each
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Oxtail is the cut for slow cooking. The very word “oxtail” seems to always be followed by the word “stew.” It’s a classic in cuisines around the world, including Italian and Korean.
This cut is the last word in nose-to-tail eating. It’s literally the tail of cattle.
Full of the sort of flavor that you expect in the off cuts, oxtail offers marrow, and plenty of gelatin as a bonus.
Once the cut of beef that poor folks could afford, now gourmands have made oxtail more desirable. You can even find it in white tablecloth restaurants.
Expect thick stews, flavorful stocks and soups, and tender braises with this cut. It’s the mark of a serious cook to undertake this one, mostly because of the long cooking time. But it will be worth it in the end.