Our Californian White and New Zealand White breed rabbits are raised by a cooperative of small-scale growers and are fed a vegetarian diet of sweet alfalfa, oats, wheat, and barley. Rabbit meat is light, tender, lean and finely textured, and works well with many recipes, in any season. A staple of Italian and French kitchens, rabbit meat is a rarer pleasure in the U.S. Young rabbit fryers are tender and mild, perfect for roasting or frying.
- Californian and New Zealand White rabbits
- Humanely raised
- No antibiotics, no hormones, ever
- No preservatives or additives
- Low in calories and cholesterol
- High in protein and nutrition (USDA states it is the most nutritious meat)
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Rabbit Fryers serve 2-3
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Pan-Fry, Fry, Braise, Stew
Cooking Tips: Lean, mild rabbit is as versatile as chicken and can be cooked as such. Rabbit takes a variety of seasonings well, like fresh herbs, heady spices, mustard, tomato-based sauces, or quick salt water brines. Rabbit fryers are perfect for roasting or can be broken down into smaller cuts for frying. Rabbit legs also make great confit.