Whole Muscovy Duck, Female
Muscovy duck, raised with no antibiotics or hormones on a California farm in open, spacious barns that permit natural behavior. The stress-free environment, balanced grain diet and the fact that ducks are raised to full maturity - twice as long as the industry standard – contribute to the flavor of our Muscovy duck. Prized for its lean, full-flavored red meat and thin skin, Muscovy duck is a favorite among our chefs.
- Raised humanely in open barns
- No antibiotics or hormones from birth
- Corn, soy, wheat and alfalfa diet
- Serves 2 people
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Poach, Smoke
Cooking Tips: Using a fork, prick the skin all over before roasting a whole duck to help the fat render. Add aromatics like shallots, citrus, garlic, and/or herbs to the cavity for flavor. Using a rack or vertical roaster in a shallow roasting pan will allow the skin to crisp nicely. Save the precious rendered fat for another use.