Rack of Lamb, Frenched & Denuded (Australian)
100% grass-fed, Australian lamb. This rack of lamb has been Frenched down to the eye muscle and denuded, so there is no fat or silver skin left - making this cut a perfect choice for lamb chops or 'lamb lollipops' as some chefs like to call them. With a distinctively clean, mild and delectable --but never gamey --flavor, this rack of lamb is a superb piece of meat. We guarantee that you'll come back for seconds.
Just the facts
- 100% grass-fed
- Humanely raised on spacious pastures
- No antibiotics or hormones from birth
- Healthy source of lean protein, minerals and B vitamins
- Delicious, sweet, tender meat
- 2 racks of 8 ribs each per package
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of Australia
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Let’s explain the terms. This rack of lamb has been frenched down to the eye muscle and denuded, so there is no fat or silver skin left.
The bones are completely cleaned, exposing almost their full length, and only a delicate morsel of delicious lamb is left.
This elegant cut makes a striking presentation when served as a full rack and sliced at the table. But we think it’s also perfect for quick grilling; the chops can be eaten out of hand at an outdoor party.
Some chefs serve these as lamb “lollipops” with a mint or chutney dipping sauce. We heartily recommend it.
It’s hard to eat just one. Maybe they should be called lollichops.