Moulard Magret Duck Breast
Moulard duck raised cage-free, in open barns, on a vegetarian grain diet, with no added antibiotics or growth hormones. Our small farm follows traditional methods, with an emphasis on a stress-free environment and plenty of space to allow natural flocking behavior. This hybrid breed, known for its rich red meat, gives us the hearty magret - or duck breast - and the ample legs that become delicious duck confit.
Just the facts
- Hybrid breed of Muscovy and Pekin ducks
- Pure vegetarian diet includes corn and/or soy
- No antibiotics, no hormones
- Aged seven days on the bone to intensify flavor
- Package contains one half magret duck breast
- Serves 2 as main course
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of New York and Canada
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Pan-Sear, Pan-Roast, Sous Vide, Grill, Cure
Cooking Tips: Magret duck breast is best served medium-rare. Whether pan-searing, roasting, or grilling, score the fat layer before cooking to render and crisp. After resting, slice the magret against the grain in 1/4"e; slices before dressing with your favorite sauce.