Lamb Sirloin Steak (Australian)
100% grass-fed, Australian lamb. Lamb sirloin steaks are best when marinated and grilled or pan-seared for a short time.
Just the facts
- 100% grass-fed
- Humanely raised on spacious pastures
- No antibiotics or hormones from birth
- Healthy source of lean protein, minerals and B vitamins
- Delicious, sweet, tender meat
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of Australia
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
This is a rare cut indeed. Chefs love it because it offers lots of flavor in a small package, and at a decent price. For those who love lamb (you know who you are), it’s something new to try.
These chunky little steaks, about 7 ounces each, are from the well-worked rump of the lamb. Active muscles tend to make the tastiest steaks, we find.
Treat them like lamb steaks: best on the grill, or seared in a hot pan. Try marinating with red wine, vinegar, your favorite spices, and then grill or sear about 3 minutes on each side.
Because the meat has some tooth, cook it to medium-rare. After it rests, the lamb can be sliced and enjoyed on a salad, or with any of your favorite lamb accompaniments.