Hudson Valley Grade-A Duck Foie Gras
Fresh / 1 Whole Raw Lobe (2 lb avg)
Our Grade-A foie gras comes from Moulard ducks, raised in low-stress open barns on a farm in New York State, recognized as a premier producer of high-quality foie gras. The ducks are never caged, and no antibiotics or hormones are administered. This foie gras a favorite among our chef clientele for its naturally sweet taste and silky texture.
- Foie gras from Moulard ducks
- Raised cage-free
- Fresh, Grade-A, cold eviscerated
- D'Artagnan foie gras is the highest quality on the market
- Irregular oval shape and firm texture
- Distinctively sweet flavor profile
- No antibiotics or hormones, ever
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Pan-Sear, Roast, Cure
Cooking Tips: Whole lobes of foie gras are ideal for making terrines, roasting whole, or slicing and searing. To sear, use a sharp slicing knife to cut foie gras in 1/2 - 3/4"e; slices, dipping the blade into hot water and wiping clean between each slice for the neatest cut. Gently score the slices in a cross-hatch pattern and season quite liberally with salt. Sear in a very hot, dry skillet for about 30 seconds per side. Seared foie gras pairs well with toasted brioche and sweet fruit preserves, like fig, prune, or apricot. Some classic drink pairings include sweet or fortified wines, like Sauternes, tawny Port, or Banyuls.