Green Circle Chicken, Leg Quarters
- Certified humane by Humane Farm Animal Care
- Recognized by ASPCA and included in their “Shop With Your Heart” list for meaningful animal welfare standards
- Raised free-range
- Surplus vegetable and wholesome grain feed, including corn and soy
- No antibiotics or hormones
- No animal by-products
- Air-chilled for no retained water & maximum flavor
- Farm-to-table audit trail
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking Methods: Roast, Pan-Roast, Bake, Fry, Grill, Barbecue, Sous Vide, Braise, Stew, Smoke, Confit, Slow-Cook
Cooking Tips: Green Circle chicken leg quarters are perfectly portioned for one and extremely versatile. They take all manner of seasoning, brining, and sauces. If slow-cooking using a moist-heat method, place the chicken leg quarters under a broiler to crisp the skin just before serving. Chicken is cooked when an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part meat registers 165 degrees F and juices run clear.
Our exclusive Green Circle chicken is raised by a network of small Amish and Mennonite family farms in Pennsylvania and certified by Humane Farm Animal Care.
The chickens eat a diet which includes clean surplus vegetables from markets - bruised, cut or otherwise unattractive vegetables - along with cuttings and peelings from restaurant kitchens and grains like corn and soy.
Green Circle chickens enjoy more than twice the barn space required to be considered free-range, they have access to the outdoors and the ability to forage naturally, and are raised to 8 weeks of age, as opposed to 5 or 6 weeks, which is standard for commercially-raised chicken. Green Circle chickens are air-chilled and hand processed in a low-volume facility near the farms where they are raised.