Rack of Lamb, Frenched (Australian)
100% grass-fed, Australian lamb. This rack of lamb comes Frenched with the cap off. A classic cut, offering juicy morsels of meat clinging to the rib bone (a convenient handle). Whether in the kitchen, dining room or backyard, this lamb is truly a treat.
Just the facts
- 100% grass-fed
- Humanely raised on spacious pastures
- No antibiotics or hormones from birth
- Healthy source of lean protein, minerals and B vitamins
- Delicious, sweet, tender meat
- One 8-rib rack
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of Australia
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
When it comes to lamb, the rack is where it’s at. We like other cuts, to be sure. But there’s something supremely satisfying about eating lamb off the bone.
Also in its favor, the rack is a beautiful cut. Pan seared then oven roasted, a rack of lamb affords a quick, elegant dinner.
Being "frenched” and “cap off" means that the rib bones have been cleaned of fat and are exposed, but there is just enough fat left on the meat to make it ideal for roasting.
Serve it whole, and slice lamb chops off at the table for full dramatic effect. And rack on.
Cooking & Serving
Spread this rack of lamb with roasted garlic or crust it with the herbs and spices of your choice. Rosemary is a natural choice, but the complex flavor of lamb can work with many spices. Sear it in a cast iron pan, roast in the oven or char on the grill. But keep in mind that lamb is best when enjoyed slightly rare.