Lamb Shoulder, Bone-In (Salt Meadow Lamb)
Frozen / 1 Piece (8 lb avg)
Salt Meadow™ Lamb is exclusively available at D’Artagnan. The young lambs are raised humanely in a stress-free environment, without antibiotics or added hormones on a small farm in Canada. The exceptionally tender and mild lamb is rosy in color and exquisitely flavored. Its delicate texture comes from a unique diet that includes seaweed, based on a traditional method from the coastal regions of Normandy in France.
Just the facts
- Exquisitely tender lamb
- Unique hybrid breed: Île de France and Arcott Rideau
- No antibiotics or hormones from birth
- Humanely-raised and third-party certified
- Unique diet includes grass, grain and seaweed
- Raised to 6 months
- Dry-aged for at least 7 days
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of Canada
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Best when braised, this shoulder cut has the added bonus of coming with the neck and front shank - both of which are sought after by chefs as individual cuts. That's because, although they don't have a lot of meat on them, these cuts contain connective tissue and bone, both of which contribute to a more flavorful braise, and lovely thick sauce.