French Jumbo Quail
Fall Sitewide Sale
15% OFF Orders $75+
Ends Sunday, October 27th. See details for restrictions.
Exclusively available at D’Artagnan, our French quail are raised free-range, without the use of antibiotics or hormones on small farms in France. Because they grow longer, they are twice the size of the average quail, and even more flavorful.
- Jumbo Coturnix breed
- No antibiotics of hormones from birth
- Older than the average quail on the market for a bolder flavor
- Fed minimally-processed cereal grain
- Air chilled for full, concentrated flavor
- Dry plucked and waxed to remove pin feathers
- Silky smooth and dry skin that cooks up crispy
- Shipped within 24 hours of processing for optimum freshness
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of France
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Roast, Pan-Roast, Braise, Grill
Cooking Tips: Quail is versatile and will take all types of seasoning and marinades well. After seasoning, whole quail are easy to stuff and pair wonderfully with bread, grain, or sausage stuffing. Stuffed birds need to be cooked slightly longer than unstuffed. Be careful not to overcook. If using a dry heat method, like roasting, pan-roasting, or grilling, cook quickly until meat is slightly firm to the touch and juices run clear. Basting or brushing with fat will help keep the quail moist.