Whole Free-Range Poussin
Small young chicken - each weighs about a pound - is known as poussin or spring chicken, and is perfect for serving one-per-person. The delicate, tender and lean meat will cook like chicken - only a lot quicker. Our young chickens are raised on small farms in open barns with plenty of space and eat a clean grain diet, with no antibiotics or hormones added.
Just the facts
- Whole poussin
- Humanely raised to 3 - 4 weeks
- All-vegetarian diet: corn and soy
- No antibiotics, no hormones
- 25% less fat than commercially-raised chicken
- Serves one adult or two children
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking & Serving
Pan roast, broil or grill the bird whole, or snip out the backbone with a pair or kitchen shears and cook it flat in a sauté pan for super-crispy skin. Because a poussin is small, it will cook quickly, which means that a single poussin makes an excellent weeknight meal for one adult or two children.