Grilled Rack of Wild Boar
- 1 Wild Boar Frenched Rib Rack
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat a lightly-oiled grill to medium-high.
- Remove the wild boar from the fridge about 30 minutes before you start cooking. Pat the rack dry with paper towels. Using a sharp paring knife, carefully score any fatty areas in a crosshatch pattern, being careful not to cut through the meat; season all over with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, fennel, and olive oil. Brush the olive oil mixture all over the boar, on all sides.
- Place the wild boar on the grill fat-side down and grill about 10 minutes. Turn the rack over and continue to grill until the thickest part of the rack registers 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer (it took ours another 10 minutes of cooking but all grills will vary). Remove to a cutting board and rest for about 10 minutes (finished temperature should be about 150 degrees F) before slicing into chops.