- Authentic, Cervena-certified venison
- Every farm practices sustainable farming methods and humane treatment of animals
- Grass fed, pasture raised
- No antibiotics, hormones or steroids
- High in protein, lower in fat and calories than beef
- Sold as single tenderloin or four per pack
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of New Zealand
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Naturally low in calories and fat, yet packed with nutrients like iron, zinc and B vitamins, Cervena venison is a high-quality protein and one of the healthiest red meats available today. According to the USDA National Nutrient Database, venison has about 20% less fat and about 100 fewer calories per 3.5 ounce serving than beef. It's the ideal meat to include as part of a healthy and balanced diet.
The venison tenderloin should be treated as a beef tenderloin; cooked quickly at high heat so that the interior remains rare to medium rare. It does not require the slow-cooking and low temperatures traditionally used for wild deer, so think outside the braising pan. The tenderloin does not need to be marinated or stewed to render it edible.
As free-range as it gets without being wild, our venison comes from a group of New Zealand ranchers who allow the Red deer to roam and feed on tall-grass pastures in a pristine environment, in accordance with the strict standards required by the Cervena name.
Cervena is a quality assurance program that certifies that all the venison with their label has been humanely pasture-raised, and 100% grass-fed with only minimal supplemental feed such as hay. Only in cases of extreme disease will antibiotics be administered, and then the animal is tracked and processed separately.
Cervena also requires that animals be less than three years of age at the time of processing, which takes place only at accredited facilities expert in processing deer, and specifically licensed and regularly audited by an independent agency.