1 Piece / 16-19 oz avg
Cured and ready-to-eat, this Cajun-style ham is made from humanely-raised pork. Coated in zesty spices and smoked over hardwood chips, our tasso ham is cured for only a short time. In Bayou cuisine, tasso is typically used to season dishes like soups, gumbo, grits, rice, and gravies.
- Humanely-raised pork
- Hand-crafted pork shoulder
- Flavored with a signature mix of herbs and spices
- Fully cured (contains nitrites)
- Ready-to-use, no cooking needed
- Shelf life of up to 30 days
- Product of USA
- For best taste, use within 3-5 days of receipt and/or by the expiration date on the package
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Sauté, Braise, Stew, Pan-Fry
Cooking Tips: An integral component of Cajun cooking, tasso adds flavor to dishes like gumbo, jambalaya, smothered pork chops, and red beans. It also lends a spicy kick to soups, chilis, frittatas, and casseroles. Since it's fully cooked, we've been known to slice our tasso thin and snack on it as well - delicious.
pork shoulder coated with: white, black and red peppers, dried garlic, brown sugar, cumin, dried onion, paprika, thyme. Cured with water, salt, brown sugar, sodium nitrite (preservatives required by law for any product labeled "cured")