Rack of Veal (Rib Roast)
Imported, French, milk-fed veal - exclusively available in the U.S. at D'Artagnan. Arguably the most humanely-raised and best-tasting veal available in the market, our veal comes from a cooperative of small-scale veal farms in Southwest France that raise Charolais and Limousin breeds of cattle (known for meat, not dairy) and follow the stringent European Union 5 Freedoms system to provide the best environment for the calves, which are never caged or penned and are antibiotic- and hormone-free.
Just the facts
- Exclusively available at D’Artagnan
- Humanely raised in a stress-free environment
- Never caged or penned
- 5 Freedoms compliant, a strict EU standard
- Male Charolais and Limousin breeds
- Raised to 6 months, a maximum of 450 pounds
- Milk-fed; 14 days on mother’s milk, then a high-quality natural milk formula
- No antibiotics or hormones
- Never irradiated or injected with any substance
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of France
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
The lush texture of veal is one of the carnivore's pleasures. Mild, pale pink meat is adaptable to many flavors, so feel free to indulge your inner chef with this rib rack.
This might be a special order cut for a butcher, but we've got it all the time. That's because we're always ready for a special occasion. And this veal rack is the perfect choice for such a meal.
Not to bore you with technical terms, but this is called a chop-ready, unfrenched rack. Here's why. You can trim it and carve out some juicy chops to sear. Or you can roast it whole, crusted with savory herbs and carve it at the table. That makes a spectacular presentation.
The bones are still ensconced in their thin caps of meat (that is, unfrenched). These bits will get crispy when cooked and offer a crunchy texture to complement the velvety mouthfeel of the veal.