Norwegian Salmon (Atlantic Salmon)
This item is currently not available
Our Atlantic salmon is responsibly and sustainably raised in open-ocean aquafarms in Norway. These farms are Global GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) certified – a gold standard in sustainable aquaculture certification. Norwegian salmon is rich in omega-3s and a great source of protein, making it a heart-healthy and delicious addition to any diet. Salmon can be pan-fried, steamed, smoked, grilled, or even baked, and is sturdy enough to take delicious rubs or marinades.
- Sustainably farm-raised in open ocean aquaculture
- Certified Global GAP (Good Agricultural Practices)
- Skin-on, center-cut, pin bone out
- Lean source of protein with high omega-3s
- Latin name: Salmo salar
- Heart-healthy and delicious
- Feed is non-GMO grains and vegetables, no animal, fish meal or byproducts
- (2) 8oz portions per pack, 2 packs total
- Individually Quick Frozen (IQF) to preserve peak freshness
- Product of Norway
- For best taste on frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
All seafood purchases will be packaged and shipped separately (at no additional charge) from the rest of your D’Artagnan order.
Salmon can be baked, broiled, sautéed, steamed, grilled or smoked. An easy way to check if salmon is cooked thoroughly is to use a fork to gently prick the fish. If it flakes easily, it’s ready. It is also wonderful served raw.
Bake, Broil, Sauté, Steam, Grill, Smoke, Raw
How to Properly Thaw Fish:
To protect the high-quality flavor and texture of your fish during thawing, you must remove the frozen fish from the vacuum-sealed packaging in which it is shipped. Details on best defrosting methods can be found here.
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions.
- - Keep raw fish and seafood separate from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw fish or seafood.
- - Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 145°F.
- - Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
- - Keep refrigerated or frozen.
- - Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.