Heritage Green Circle Chicken
- Certified humane by Humane Farm Animal Care
- Recognized by ASPCA and included in their “Shop With Your Heart” list for meaningful animal welfare standards
- Heritage-breed chicken
- Raised free-range
- Surplus vegetable and wholesome grain feed, including corn and soy
- No antibiotics or hormones
- No animal by-products
- Raised to 85 days – twice the time of average chicken
- Air-chilled for no retained water & maximum flavor
- Farm-to-table audit trail
- Sold in an uncooked state
- You may find a few dark pinfeathers
- 6 chickens in a bulk pack
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking Methods: Roast, Rotisserie, Slow-Cook, Barbecue, Smoke
Cooking Tips: Our Green Circle heritage chicken can be cooked whole, spatchcocked, or cut into parts. Butter or duck fat rubbed all over the outside helps crisp and brown the skin. If roasting whole, try stuffing the cavity with aromatics like lemon, onion, or herbs. Green Circle chicken is cooked when an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast and thigh registers 165 degrees F and juices run clear. Chicken heads and feet make an excellent addition to homemade chicken stock and will not only add a ton of flavor but also healthy gelatin and collagen.
Our exclusive heritage-breed Green Circle chicken is raised by a network of small Amish and Mennonite family farms in Pennsylvania and certified by Humane Farm Animal Care.
The chickens eat a diet which includes clean surplus vegetables from markets - bruised, cut or otherwise unattractive vegetables - along with cuttings and peelings from restaurant kitchens and grains like corn and soy.
Green Circle chickens enjoy more than twice the barn space required to be considered free-range, they have access to the outdoors and the ability to forage naturally, and are raised to 85 days of age, as opposed to 42 days, which is standard for commercially-raised chicken. Green Circle chickens are air-chilled and hand processed in a low-volume facility near the farms where they are raised.