Our conveniently trimmed and single-portioned hanger steaks are ready to cook right out of the package. You can keep these individual vacuum-sealed packs neatly stacked in the freezer until the mood strikes. Also known as the butcher’s steak because this especially tender and flavorful cut was so often kept to feed the butcher’s family. This thicker cut from the short plate under the ribs comes from a muscle that does little work, resulting in lush texture, and the bold flavor of a ribeye. Whether you are an accomplished chef or a beginner, pan-searing and grilling hanger over high heat is easy and rewarding.
- 100% natural beef from Angus cattle
- No growth hormones, steroids, or antibiotics
- Raised on pasture
- 100% vegetarian diet of barley, corn, and hay
- Equivalent to Choice-Plus graded beef
- Wet aged a minimum of 21 days
- Individually vacuum-sealed steaks in 2-packs
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
- Subscription Eligible
Our marbled and flavorful Angus beef comes from cattle raised exclusively for D’Artagnan by a cooperative of ranchers committed to strict protocols of humane animal husbandry.
The Black Angus cattle range over pasture land for most of their lives, and then get a supplement of alfalfa hay, barley and corn for a few months in a spacious, dry, low-stress feeding facility, before processing at about 18-22 months of age. The vegetarian feed is supplemented with vitamin E and A which strengthen natural immunities.
The ranchers take every care, even in transporting the cattle short distances. They know exactly where each animal comes from, and can track them from birth to processing. Each cattle comes with an affidavit to prove that the rancher followed the strict protocols of the cooperative.