Wild Yellowfin Tuna
This item is currently not available
- Premium-quality ahi tuna
- Wild caught by hand-line fishermen
- Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified fishery for traceability and sustainability
- Latin name: Thunnus albacares
- Skinless, boneless center-cut steaks
- Lean source of protein, rich in Omega-3
- Mild flavor, firm texture
- (2) 8oz portions per tray pack, 2 trays total
- Individually Quick Frozen (IQF) to preserve peak freshness
- Product of Indonesia
- For best taste on frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
All seafood purchases will be packaged and shipped separately (at no additional charge) from the rest of your D’Artagnan order.
Thaw tuna steaks outside of the package, in refrigerator. When pan-searing tuna, use an extremely hot skillet and sear the tuna for approximately 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare (1.5 minutes on each side for rare or 3 minutes on each side for medium).
Pan sear, grill, or broil, or serve raw.
How to Properly Thaw Fish:
To protect the high-quality flavor and texture of your fish during thawing, you must remove the frozen fish from the vacuum-sealed packaging in which it is shipped. Details on best defrosting methods can be found here.
SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS:
Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions.
- - Keep raw fish and seafood separate from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw fish or seafood.
- - Cook thoroughly to an internal temperature of 145°F.
- - Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
- - Keep refrigerated or frozen.
- - Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
- - Thaw in refrigerator or microwave, out of package.