FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS $125 OR MORE
This item is currently not available
fresh: 2 Rabbits, Fryers (3 lb avg ea)
frozen: 1 Rabbit, Fryer (3 lb avg)
Our Californian White and New Zealand White breed rabbits are raised by a cooperative of small-scale growers and are fed a vegetarian diet of sweet alfalfa, oats, wheat, and barley. Rabbit meat is light, tender, lean and finely textured, and works well with many recipes, in any season. A staple of Italian and French kitchens, rabbit meat is a rarer pleasure in the U.S. Young rabbit fryers are tender and mild, perfect for roasting or frying.
- Californian and New Zealand White rabbits
- Humanely raised
- No antibiotics, no hormones, ever
- No preservatives or additives
- Low in calories and cholesterol
- High in protein and nutrition (USDA states it is the most nutritious meat)
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Includes the kidneys, heart, and liver
- Rabbit fryer serves 2-3
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Cooking Methods: Roast, Pan-Fry, Fry, Braise, Stew
Cooking Tips: Lean, mild rabbit is as versatile as chicken and can be cooked as such. Rabbit takes a variety of seasonings well, like fresh herbs, heady spices, mustard, tomato-based sauces, or quick salt water brines. Rabbit fryers are perfect for roasting or can be broken down into smaller cuts for frying. Rabbit legs also make great confit.
We are proud to work with a cooperative of small family farms in the Midwest; each farm signs an agreement to raise and process the rabbits humanely, and never administer antibiotics or hormones. The Californian White and New Zealand White breed rabbits are fed a vegetarian diet of sweet alfalfa, oats, wheat and barley.