Veal Shoulder (Chuck) Roast, Boneless
Imported, French, milk-fed veal - exclusively available in the U.S. at D'Artagnan. Arguably the most humanely-raised and best-tasting veal available in the market, our veal comes from a cooperative of small-scale veal farms in Southwest France that raise Charolais and Limousin breeds of cattle (known for meat, not dairy) and follow the stringent European Union 5 Freedoms system to provide the best environment for the calves, which are never caged or penned and are antibiotic- and hormone-free.
Just the facts
- Exclusively available at D’Artagnan
- Humanely raised in a stress-free environment
- Never caged or penned
- 5 Freedoms compliant, a strict EU standard
- Male Charolais and Limousin breeds
- Raised to 6 months, a maximum of 450 pounds
- Milk-fed; 14 days on mother’s milk, then a high-quality natural milk formula
- No antibiotics or hormones
- Never irradiated or injected with any substance
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of France
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Our petite veal roast is the perfect size – it’s manageable for the home cook, and will feed two.
Roasted or braised, this tender veal will fall apart under your fork.
It offers tender, pink meat with real flavor, unlike the pale veal more widely available.
This chuck roast comes from the shoulder, and it’s rolled and netted for ease of cooking.
Stuff it with mushrooms, breadcrumbs and garlic and roast it. Or braise it long and slow in savory liquid (veal demi-glace is a must).
After that meal, you’ll be singing the praises of veal.