Uncured Applewood Smoked Bacon, Thick-Cut
1 Pack (2.5lbs)
NEW! At almost ¼ inch thick, our thick-cut, uncured applewood bacon is made from the bellies of heritage hogs, raised humanely without antibiotics or hormones.* The generous slices make great lardons for salad or pasta, epic BLTs, and a natural companion for eggs. Single-smoked over real applewood chips to ensure a balance of delicious pork and sweet smoky flavor, our thick-cut bacon has an average of 22 slices per pack, or 8-10 slices per pound.
- Heritage-breed hogs raised humanely on small farms
- No antibiotics, no growth hormones
- No animal by-products
- Air-chilled pork (retains less water weight)
- No artificial preservatives, nitrates or nitrites added
- Rubbed with salt and sugar
- Naturally smoked over applewood chips
- Gluten free
- Product of USA
- For best taste, use within 3-5 days of receipt and/or by the expiration date on the package
*USDA regulations prohibit the use of hormones in pork.
Cooking & Serving
Cooking Methods: Pan-Fry, Griddle, Bake, Grill
Cooking Tips: Whether you cook our thick cut applewood smoked bacon on a sheet tray in the oven, on a griddle, or pan-fried in cast-iron, it’s the perfect addition to breakfast or brunch. These generous slices also make great make lardons for salad or pasta, and can even be cooked on a grill. Slice the bacon width-wise and sauté as a base for braises, stews, and vegetable sides. The rendered bacon fat is excellent for cooking potatoes or rubbing over chicken or poussin before roasting. We love this bacon so much we even use it in our baked goods - you can’t go wrong with bacon cheddar scones or maple-bacon sticky buns.