Select Styles for Availability
- D’Artagnan exclusive milk-fed Yorkshire piglets
- Grown to 10 weeks and up to 70 lbs
- Fed a proprietary, nutritionally-balanced warm milk formula, fortified with vitamins and minerals and carefully balanced fat content
- No added antibiotics, hormones, or growth stimulants
- Thin skin which crisps beautifully, extra-white and creamy fat, extreme tenderness
- Product of Canada
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Score right through the rind to help the fat render out and the skin to crisp. Porcelet shoulder can be slow roasted, and finished under the broiler for a brief period to make the most incredible layer of crackling.
Exclusively raised for D'Artagnan by a family-owned farm in Quebec which follows European protocols for cochon de lait, or milk-fed pig. Their small-scale farm humanely raises Yorkshire breed piglets in spacious barns, nourishing them with a unique feeding program. The piglets get a proprietary milk solution while maintaining a natural nursing rhythm. This diet allows them to thrive and grow for longer periods of time, getting larger than the average suckling pig, while maintaining tender texture.