Porcelet is milk-fed pork, exclusively available in the U.S. at D'Artagnan, sourced from a single farm in Quebec. The collar is a versatile and flavorful cut, known as coppa in Italy, where it is often cured. Cut from the shoulder, the collar is abundantly marbled, and is sometimes called “the new pork belly.” Because the cut comes from a piglet, this collar roast is a manageable size that is easy to work with and serve. Try it roasted whole in the net, then shred it for tacos or serving on pasta. It can also be cut into steaks for grilling or pan searing. However you cook it, our milk-fed porcelet is the most tender, sweetest pork you’ll ever taste.
- D’Artagnan exclusive milk-fed Yorkshire piglets
- Grown to 10 weeks and up to 70 lbs
- Fed a proprietary, warm milk formula, fortified with vitamins and minerals and carefully balanced fat content
- No added antibiotics, hormones, or growth stimulants
- Air chilled for concentrated flavor and skin which crisps beautifully
- Extra-white, creamy fat contributes to extremely tender pork
- Product of Canada
- Use frozen products within 1-2 days after thawing
Exclusively raised for D'Artagnan by a single-family farm in Quebec which follows European protocols for cochon de lait, or milk-fed pig. The small-scale farm raises Yorkshire breed piglets in spacious barns with the greatest of care, nourishing them with a unique feeding program.
The piglets are fed a proprietary milk solution that is warmed to the temperature of mother’s milk, on a regular schedule that matches a natural nursing rhythm. This diet allows them to thrive and grow for longer periods of time, getting larger than the average suckling pig, while maintaining the tender texture associated with a much younger pig.