The legendary milk-fed porcelet is the source of this skin-on pork belly. A chef favorite, porcelet is only available in the U.S. at D’Artagnan. We partner with a single farm in Quebec that has improved upon traditional methods for raising cochon de lait. Their proprietary milk formula and feeding process contribute to the most tender pork you’ll ever eat, with creamy pure white fat that melts in the mouth. Try your hand at curing bacon with this cut, or roast until it quivers for an unforgettable eating experience.
- D’Artagnan exclusive milk-fed Yorkshire piglets
- Grown to 10 weeks and up to 70 lbs
- Fed a proprietary, warm milk formula, fortified with vitamins and minerals and carefully balanced fat content
- No added antibiotics, hormones, or growth stimulants
- Air chilled for concentrated flavor and skin which crisps beautifully
- Extra-white, creamy fat contributes to extremely tender pork
- Product of Canada
- Use frozen products within 1-2 days after thawing
Exclusively raised for D'Artagnan by a single-family farm in Quebec which follows European protocols for cochon de lait, or milk-fed pig. The small-scale farm raises Yorkshire breed piglets in spacious barns with the greatest of care, nourishing them with a unique feeding program.
The piglets are fed a proprietary milk solution that is warmed to the temperature of mother’s milk, on a regular schedule that matches a natural nursing rhythm. This diet allows them to thrive and grow for longer periods of time, getting larger than the average suckling pig, while maintaining the tender texture associated with a much younger pig.