*Servings based on 1.25 pounds per person.
- White Broad-breasted hybrid breed
- Turkeys are humanely raised free-range with access to the outdoors
- 100% organic, non-GMO, all-vegetarian grain diet of corn and soy, and pure spring water without chlorine or fluoride
- No animal by-products in feed
- No antibiotics, growth hormones or arsenicals are ever used
- Raised on small-scale Midwestern farms in the USA – not factory farms
- Farm-to-table audit trail
- Farmers support sustainable agriculture and preserve the natural ecosystem
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of the USA
For basic cooking instructions for cooking the turkey at Thanksgiving Download our Turkey Cooking Guide.
Cooking your D'Artagnan turkey
Keep in mind that depending on several factors, including the size of bird, oven calibration, type of cookware used, recipe variations, and method of cooking, time and temperature will vary.
NOTE: Our turkeys do not have pop-up timers in them. You can purchase one at a grocery store, but we prefer to use a meat thermometer. They are more precise, and you are less likely to overcook the bird when using a thermometer.Click here for Turkey Roasting Basics.
How to order the right size turkey
We recommend that you estimate 1-1.25 pounds per person to determine the size of turkey you will need. (For example, an 8-10 pound turkey will yield 6-8 servings). If you would like to have leftovers, then plan on at least 1.5 pounds per person.
The farms that raise turkeys for D'Artagnan are scrutinized for their methods, treatment of animals and handling standards. Our USDA-certified organic turkeys are humanely raised on small family farms in the Midwest, with full access to the outdoors where they get plenty of exercise, unlike factory-farmed birds. They are not pushed to grow too quickly; instead, they develop at a slower pace, growing the old-fashioned way, with respect for the natural process.
The free-range turkeys are fed an all-vegetarian diet consisting of 100% organic, non-GMO grains (corn and soy) and pure spring water, with no protein supplements, added poultry or fish by-products, pesticides or herbicides. Additionally, no antibiotics, growth hormones or arsenicals are ever administered and the birds benefit from an environment that never uses artificial light. These turkeys are beyond “natural,” a term without any regulation; they are USDA-certified organic, which means they follow the strictest of guidelines.