Heritage Pork St. Louis Ribs
Our heritage-breed St. Louis ribs are cut in a clean, uniform, and rectangular shape, with the breastbone removed – they are the ideal, easy-to-work-with ribs. Cook them low and slow, in the oven or smoker, and enjoy the sweet taste and tender texture of these competition-worthy ribs. As always, our cooperative of small family farms is dedicated to natural and sustainable methods, giving hogs plenty of space and a clean diet.
- Exceptionally tender, well-marbled style of pork
- Heritage breed with traceable bloodlines
- Farms are third-party audited for animal welfare
- No antibiotics or hormones from birth
- No animal by-products, grain diet
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
Our mission is to find farmers that share our vision of a more humane and sustainable way of rearing livestock. A cooperative of small family farmers dedicated to traditional methods raising old-breed hogs with completely traceable breeding lines.
The majority of the farms are sustainable “circle farms” that raise and grind their own feed for the pigs, which is a 100% vegetarian grain feed consisting of corn, soybeans and rolled oats. Families of pigs are left together and their indoor spaces offer at least 15 square feet of space per animal, and sows are never put in gestation crates.
The cooperative is strict about banning the use of antibiotics and hormones on each farm and limiting the number of hogs the farms raise and each farm is third-party audited for animal welfare.