Green Circle Chicken, Drumsticks
- Certified humane by Humane Farm Animal Care
- Recognized by ASPCA and included in their “Shop With Your Heart” list for meaningful animal welfare standards
- Raised free-range
- Surplus vegetable and wholesome grain feed, including corn and soy
- No antibiotics or hormones
- No animal by-products
- Air-chilled for no retained water & maximum flavor
- Farm-to-table audit trail
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
- Subscription Eligible
Cooking Methods: Roast, Bake, Fry, Grill, Barbecue, Braise, Stew, Slow-Cook
Cooking Tips: Green Circle chicken drums can take all manner of seasoning, brines, and sauces. Slightly smaller than conventional drumsticks, our Green Circle drums can easily be turned into a "lollipop cut." Run a small, sharp knife around the bony end, cutting through the skin, muscle, and tendons until you reach the bone. Then using your hand, push the meat down toward the thicker end to achieve a compact, rounded "lollipop" shape.
Our exclusive Green Circle chicken is raised by a network of small Amish and Mennonite family farms in Pennsylvania and certified by Humane Farm Animal Care.
The chickens eat a diet which includes clean surplus vegetables from markets - bruised, cut or otherwise unattractive vegetables - along with cuttings and peelings from restaurant kitchens and grains like corn and soy.
Green Circle chickens enjoy more than twice the barn space required to be considered free-range, they have access to the outdoors and the ability to forage naturally, and are raised to 8 weeks of age, as opposed to 5 or 6 weeks, which is standard for commercially-raised chicken. Green Circle chickens are air-chilled and hand processed in a low-volume facility near the farms where they are raised.