Berkshire Pork Belly, Bone-In & Skin-On
There are many tasty portions of the pig, but the pork belly is where bacon comes from. Some would say that it's the best cut of them all.
Just the facts
- Exceptionally tender, well-marbled style of pork
- Heritage-breed pigs raised on pasture
- No antibiotics or hormones* from birth
- No animal by-products in grain diet
- Belly is skin-on and bone-in
- 13 lb average size
- Ships in an uncooked state
- Product of USA
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
*USDA regulations prohibit the use of hormones in pork
We’ve had requests for it, so we are finally offering this chef favorite to our loyal website customers.
Smokers, take note. This is the cut you’ve been looking for. It’s streaked with creamy white fat as only a Berkshire hog belly can be. It’s the stuff bacon dreams are made of.
It doesn’t have to become bacon, though. Marinated and roasted (go for a crispy skin), grilled or braised, rolled and stuffed, the tender, quivering slices of pork belly will make your eyes roll. And you’ll be in good company, because this 13 lb belly will serve a crowd.
It should be noted: this cut involves a little work, since the skin is still on (you’ll want to score that, but not all the way through) and there are some bones as well. But that’s all part of the adventure.
Sharpen your knives and get out your largest cutting board. There’s pork belly on the way.