Grits with Tasso Ham
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 2 SERVINGS
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup stone-ground grits or polenta
- 1 ear corn, shucked and kernels sliced off
- 3/4 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- Coarsely-ground black pepper
- 6 ounces Tasso ham, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped
Recipe notesThis easy recipe proves that creamy corn grits are made even better when topped with spicy Tasso ham. This polenta is the ultimate quick comfort food. food.
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Whisk in the grits and lower the heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, until the consistency is thick but still soupy, about 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in the corn and cheese, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the grits between 2 shallow bowls. Top with the ham and sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.