- 2½ cups rolled oats
- ½ almonds chopped roughly
- 8 oz. foie gras cubes
- ½ cup honey
- ½ tablespoon salt
Optional for Serving
- Blueberry jam
- Foie gras torchon
- ½ cup Champagne vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Several handfuls of blueberries, halved
Bring all liquids to a boil, dissolve salt and sugar. Pour mixture over blueberries. Allow to cool completely, then drain, discarding the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a small pot over very low heat, slowly render foie gras cubes into ½ cup of liquid. This can be done on the stove or in the oven.
- Combine the oats and chopped almonds in a bowl.
- Add all the foie gras fat, honey, and salt in another bowl, stirring to combine.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together, covering all the oats evenly.
- Transfer the mixture to a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Rotate the pan halfway through.
- Allow the granola to cool and set on the sheet tray.
- Once cool, begin gently breaking the granola apart. Preserve a few pieces and use these chunks in place of toast points.
Toast slices of brioche and cut into points. Slice rounds of foie gras torchon, and lay on top of each toast. Place a dollop of blueberry preserves on foie gras. Sprinkle granola over everything. Serve with a spoonful of pickled blueberries, if using. Drizzle with honey, if desired. Finish with coarse salt.