Filet Mignon with Mushrooms & Red Wine Sauce
D'Artagnan chef bio | Yield: Serves 4
In this quick and easy recipe, Wagyu beef filet mignon and organic mushrooms are lightly coated with a shallot flecked red wine reduction.
- 3 tablespoons Black Truffle Butter
- 1 package Organic Chef’s Mix Mushrooms, trimmed and roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Neutral high smoke point oil, we used avocado oil
- 4 Wagyu Filet Mignon Steaks
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cups dry red wine
- ½ cup Veal Demi-Glace
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Buy the D'Artagnan Ingredients
- Remove steaks from refrigerator about 30 minutes before you cook.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, melt the truffle butter. Add mushrooms, turning to coat; season with salt and pepper. Sauté until mushrooms soften, release their liquid, and start to turn golden brown. Stir in thyme; sauté one minute more. Remove mushrooms to a plate and set aside.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of neutral oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Season steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Sear until nicely browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a steak registers 125 degrees F for medium-rare, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove steaks to a rimmed plate to rest.
- Add shallots to the pan and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Carefully pour in red wine, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Raise heat to high and cook until wine has reduced by half. Stir in demi-glace and continue to cook until sauce is a syrupy consistency; stir in butter. Taste sauce for seasoning and add salt and/or pepper if needed. Return steaks to pan and add mushrooms, heat until mushrooms are warmed through. Serve immediately.