Dark Chocolate Chestnut Truffles
Yield 16 - 20 truffles SERVINGS
- 3 ounces best-quality dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3½ tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3½ tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package Ready-to-Use Chestnuts, finely chopped
- Toasted Coconut, for rolling (optional)
- Cocoa Powder, for rolling (optional)
Recipe notesMake your own chocolate truffles with this easy recipe which includes the earthy sweetness of chestnuts. Incredibly tasty chocolate bites are perfect for sharing.
- In a bain-marie or stainless steel bowl set over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, add butter, sugar, and vanilla. Cream together until light and fluffy. Add chopped chestnuts, mixing well until smooth. Add melted chocolate, mix to combine.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out a ball about an inch in diameter. Shape into ball form, roll into toasted coconut or cocoa powder. Set aside and repeat until truffles are finished.
- Truffles will keep in an air-tight container for several days (although we doubt they will last that long). Separate layers with parchment paper if necessary.