Crispy Mushroom & Taleggio Crostini
Yield makes 12 crostini SERVINGS
- Baguette, sliced in ½-inch thin slices on the bias, 12 slices total
- 3 ounces Black Truffle Butter, softened, divided use
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil (we used avocado oil)
- 1 package Organic Chef’s Mix Mushrooms, chopped
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 5 ounces Taleggio cheese, rind removed
Recipe notesThis easy recipe for crispy mushroom crostini combines earthy truffle butter and creamy Taleggio cheese for a perfect canape.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Reserve half of the truffle butter, set aside. Using a pastry brush, brush a thin layer of remaining truffle butter on both sides of each slice of bread and set them on a sheet pan. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 12 minutes. Cool on the sheet pan.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, combine the reserved truffle butter with about 1 tablespoon of oil. Add mushrooms, turning to coat, season with salt and pepper. Saute until mushrooms have expelled their liquid and are golden brown and slightly crispy, about 10 minutes. Stir in thyme, cook about one minute more.
- Divide the mushrooms between the toasted bread and top each with a portion of Taleggio. Place sheet pan back in the oven until cheese softens and melts just slightly, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.