Bacon & Onion Tarte
Yield 6 - 8 as an appetizer SERVINGS
Recipe notesMake our version of Andre Soltner's famous tarte flambée recipe with ventrèche for your next party. Frozen puff pastry makes it easy and luscious crème fraȋche makes it irresistible.
- On a floured work surface, roll pastry very thin. Using a pastry brush, apply a small amount of oil to a baking pan before sliding pastry on. Prick all over with a fork. Chill.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Sauté ventreche over medium high heat until fat starts to render, add onions. Saute until cooked but still slightly crisp. Drain, set aside.
- In a small bowl, add fromage blanc, crème fraiche, salt & pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Assemble tarte. Spread cream mixture to ½” from edge. Spread onion-bacon mixture over the top.
- Bake 15 minutes. Garnish with thyme, cut into pieces and serve immediately.