Bacon & Onion Tarte
Ariane Daguin chef bio | Yield: 6 - 8 as an appetizer
Make our version of Andre Soltner's famous Tarte Flambée recipe with ventrèche for your next party. Frozen puff pastry makes it easy and luscious crème fraȋche makes it irresistible.
- 1 – 7 ounce sheet best quality puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup fromage blanc
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche
- Ventrèche, sliced into thin lardons
- 2 medium onions, julienned
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- On a floured work surface, roll pastry very thin. Using a pastry brush, apply a small amount of oil to a baking pan before sliding pastry on. Prick all over with a fork. Chill.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Sauté ventreche over medium high heat until fat starts to render, add onions. Saute until cooked but still slightly crisp. Drain, set aside.
- In a small bowl, add fromage blanc, crème fraiche, salt & pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Assemble tarte. Spread cream mixture to ½” from edge. Spread onion-bacon mixture over the top.
- Bake 15 minutes. Garnish with thyme, cut into pieces and serve immediately.