French Ham & Pear Crostini with Truffle Honey
Yield 16 canapes SERVINGS
- 16 slices baguette (cut on the diagonal, about ¼ inch thick)
- 3 ounces Black Truffle Butter, melted
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large pear, medium-ripeness
- 1 pack (4 ounces) Jambon de Bayonne
- 4 ounces ricotta
- 16 arugula leaves
- Truffle honey
Recipe notesTry this easy, make-ahead recipe for ham-wrapped pear with arugula and ricotta cheese. In the summer, sub out the pear for seasonal stone fruit or fresh figs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange baguette slices on a rimmed baking sheet and brush both sides with melted truffle butter. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden, turning once, about 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- Cut pear into 16 slices, remove tough core. Cut Jambon de Bayonne into strips. Wrap each piece of pear with a slice of Jambon de Bayonne.
- Spread a tablespoon of ricotta on each crostini and add a few arugula leaves. Place a ham wrapped pear on each. Drizzle with truffle honey, serve.