Pickled Organic Wild Mushrooms
D'Artagnan chef bio | Yield: 6
Try this simple recipe for quick-pickled organic wild mushrooms. Delicious on crostini, alongside rillettes or pâtés, or right out of the jar.
- 1 pack Organic Chef’s Mix Mushrooms
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1½ cups white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 16 black peppercorns
- 12 coriander seeds
- 6 whole allspice
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 cup water
- Trim mushrooms if needed. Cut large Trumpet Royale mushrooms into bite sized slices. Fill two sterilized 16 ounce jars with mushrooms, about three quarters full. Top with three thyme sprigs and one bay leaf each. Set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a small pot and simmer until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and carefully pour the liquid over the mushroom mixture until each jar is almost full.
- Tightly seal each jar and refrigerate. Mushrooms should be ready in a day or two and will keep for about 2 months.