Pasta with Foie Gras & Mixed Mushrooms
D'Artagnan | Yield: 4
Add a little luxury to weeknight dinners with this simple recipe that uses foie gras and wild mushrooms and comes together in minutes.
- Cook pasta in lightly salted water, to al dente. Reserve about 3/4 cup of pasta water, set aside. Drain pasta, rinse with cool water and set aside.
- Heat a large, dry skillet over high flame. When hot, sauté foie gras until golden brown (about 1 minute), then remove from pan and set aside. Add the mushrooms to the same pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Leaving the mushrooms in the pan, add the demi-glace, reserved pasta water and porcini powder (if using), then reduce by a third.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan, toss to coat with the liquid, add 2 tablespoons of black truffle butter, allowing it to melt. Now add the sautéed foie gras, and toss it all together gently.
- Add salt, pepper, and more truffle butter, to taste.