Anchovy Butter for Steaks & Chops
- 1 stick (8 Tbs) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Fine sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine softened butter, garlic, anchovy paste, and lemon juice. Season with a generous pinch of salt and a few turns of pepper. Mix until evenly combined. Place butter in plastic wrap and roll into a log shape. Chill.
Recipe note: Compound butter will keep fresh for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator and 1 year in the freezer.