Veal Striploin, Boneless
Imported, French, milk-fed veal - exclusively available in the U.S. at D'Artagnan. Arguably the most humanely-raised and best-tasting veal available in the market, our veal comes from a cooperative of small-scale veal farms in Southwest France that raise Charolais and Limousin breeds of cattle (known for meat, not dairy) and follow the stringent European Union 5 Freedoms system to provide the best environment for the calves, which are never caged or penned and are antibiotic- and hormone-free.
Just the facts
- Exclusively available at D’Artagnan
- Humanely raised in a stress-free environment
- Never caged or penned
- 5 Freedoms compliant, a strict EU standard
- Male Charolais and Limousin breeds
- Raised to 6 months, a maximum of 450 pounds
- Milk-fed; 14 days on mother’s milk, then a high-quality natural milk formula
- No antibiotics or hormones
- Never irradiated or injected with any substance
- Sold in an uncooked state
- Product of France
- For best taste on fresh products, use or freeze within 3-5 days of receipt; for frozen products, use within 1-2 days after thawing
When you can't decide between beef or pork, choose veal. It offers the best of both worlds with lean, delicate texture and great taste.
Velvety and moist, tight-textured veal is a treat for the taste buds. So there's no need to get elaborate with preparation. Let the sweet meat speak for itself.
Just carve this strip loin into generous 2-inch thick steaks, season with salt and pepper and sear, baby, sear. Finish in the oven.
Of course, you might also stuff and roast it. If you feel particularly fancy, mix some truffle butter and peelings into the stuffing. Veal is so lean that you can afford to add something buttery into the recipe.