Omelette with Morels & Ramps
Cook Time about 10 minutes
Yield serves 1 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 6-8 Morel Mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup rough chopped Wild Ramps, greens only
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup grated Fontina, or other mild cheese
Recipe notesThis simple omelette recipe features morels and wild ramps and makes an excellent spring breakfast. A mild, milky cheese like young Fontina will complement the flavors.
- In a small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add morels, sauté until just soft and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add ramp greens and continue to sauté until greens are dark and wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of butter over medium-high flame until foamy. Add eggs, tilting the pan to spread evenly. Allow the eggs to firm up a little, then use a spatula to gently direct the mixture away from the sides and into the middle. Allow the remaining liquid to then flow into the space left at the sides of the pan. Continue to cook for another minute or so until the egg mixture holds together. While the middle is still a little runny, add ¾ of the cheese and all of the morel and ramp mixture.